In the end, when you hold on to the anger, you're hurting no one but yourself.  They go about living their lives as they wish, while your anger and resentment allows them to continue to ruin yours.  You in essence, have become the surrogate to all the pain, frustration and heartache that they once caused you and now, they don't need to do anything but sit back, enjoy their life and watch you be miserable.  It doesn't have to be that way; you can take that power away from them simply by forgiving them and letting it go.  I'm not saying you have to forget; don't forget...forgetting would erase the memory and in the memory is where you find the lesson.  But forgiving removes the weight of the past from your shoulders and allows you to move forward without them.  The past is what it is, you can't change it.  What you can do is learn from it and use that to make better decisions in the future.  I'll hurt... But over time, you'll find peace in knowing they no longer have that power over you and when you see them you can finally smile and say to yourself, "I'm finally free from you". #Forgiveness

1 Comment